SAFE Water Now is committed to providing privacy for our Web site visitors as well as recipients of our e-mail messages. We are continuously evaluating our internal procedures and technology to ensure privacy at all levels in our organization.
Donors’ personal contact information will never be sold, rented, or exchanged with other organizations or any other entity in existence unless SAFE Water Now receives express written permission from the donor.
Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the non-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, SAFE Water Now declares that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be assured that personal contact information obtained by SAFE Water Now will not be sold, rented or exchanged with other non-profit organizations.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
There is a subscription section of our Web site where visitors can submit their contact information in order to join our e-mail list. By submitting this form, you give us permission to send e-mail messages to you containing information relating to your interest in SAFE Water Now. Each e-mail we send will also contain instructions for how to opt-out of receiving future e-mails of any sort from SAFE Water Now.
Security and Privacy
SAFE Water Now Web site uses security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. The information is stored in a database in our secure data center. We will never share, sell, or rent your individual personal information with or to any individual or organization without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees or volunteers managing this data for the purposes of contacting you, answering your requests for information, or sending you e-mails related to your interest in SAFE Water Now.
Links to other Web Sites
SAFE Water Now is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other Web sites to which we link.
In all of our electronic communications, SAFE Water Now’s e-mail list subscribers are given the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having their information used for purposes not directly related to our site.
Notification of Changes
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or this Web site, please contact us at: email@example.com.